For nearly 26 years Gem Travel has been committed to providing a dedicated, personal and comprehensive corporate travel service.
Following the government advice we have put measures in place to safeguard our team and therefore we have initiated both remote working capabilities along with the partial reopening of the premises. Please be assured it is business as normal and therefore please continue to contact your business travel consultants via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01293 886901
We are monitoring the Covid-19 pandemic and how the travel industry is dealing with it very closely. Members of our management team are in regular dialogue with industry bodies and are working to ensure that travellers’ best interests are at the forefront of decision-making. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
I would also like to say a huge thank you to our clients, for your support, kind words of encouragement and understanding through this unprecedented situation.
The vast majority of travel is banned from the UK at present. If you are permitted to travel then there are a number of things you must do:
Departure from the UK;
- Most countries require you to produce evidence of a negative PCR Covid-19 test result. This test must have taken place within 72 hours of departure.
- You must complete this form to declare the reason that you need to travel abroad. You must complete this form if you are travelling outside the UK from England. Different rules apply for international travel from Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. You don’t need to complete the form for travel within the UK, to Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man- We would advise taking evidence with you in order to prove that you are eligible to travel under the current regulations.
Returning to the UK;
- You are required to produce evidence of a negative PCR Covid-19 test result. This test must have taken place within 72 hours of departure.
- You are required to quarantine for 10 days upon arrival, however there is the option to apply for an additional test to reduce the length of the quarantine under the 'test and release' scheme.
- You must also get 2 Coronavirus tests when you arrive in England, you will need to book these before you travel.
- If you have visited (or transited through) a country that was on the 'red list' at the time of your visit, you must pay and stay in one of the UK's official quarantine hotels.
Where you can get more information:
The links below provide a selection of travel advice, please get in touch for any topic or airline not featured.
UK government website
To check country entry requirements:
IATA covid travel restriction map
IATA - International Travel Document News
This link takes you to the Statista website that the UK government is using to track coronavirus cases worldwide and decide quarantine and travel restrictions:
The very reliable UK.GOV site:
The Covid-19 pandemic continues to cause uncertainty to industries in the United Kingdom and beyond. The travel industry has been particularly badly affected. As the industry attempts to start the road to recovery, we are committed to ensuring we provide a safe business travel management service and that our clients have access to up to date information and guidance to enable them to have the confidence to consider restarting travel.
Client and Corporate Support
- Travel Policy review
- Traveller safety, confidence and duty of care (for all aspects of travel)
- Traveller profile updates
- Out of Hours update
- The importance of Frequent Flyer programmes and hotel group affiliates